Our Mission is
- to support and accelerate the dramatic reduction of the Bay Area’s greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 with concerted community action, proactive business engagement, and strategic government policies that focus on the elimination of fossil fuels in transportation, energy, and the built environment, leveraging existing best practices, policies, and solutions.
- to support and accelerate carbon sequestration in the landscape, in wetlands and the ocean, and the built environment to reduce the levels of legacy atmospheric carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases to sustainable levels.
Our Vision is
- a regionally coordinated and collaborative network that makes most current climate actions in solutions, policies, technology, and funding broadly available; that honors the work being done by many and reduces the duplication of efforts; that accelerates the wide adoption of best practices at speed and scale.
- a regional effort to reverse global warming that contributes significantly to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030, by focusing on the causes of climate change that we have control over and implementing existing solutions, and leaving a better world for future generations.
Our Values Are
- Collaboration that respects diversity, builds relationships, and creates trusted partnerships
- Frontline communities and workers are prioritized in the transition to a fossil-free region
- Solutions are cost-effective, technologically feasible, and scalable
- Solutions are politically feasible: aligned with science, economics, and technology
- Solutions and best practices are informed by the latest science, data, and policies,
and address the needs and priorities of San Francisco Bay Area residents,
businesses, and policy-makers