All we want to see in the cloud is less carbon, so we'll never share your personal information. We use Google analytics to understand how this site is used, but we protect the privacy of everyone who visits.
Collection of your Personal Information
Drawdown Bay Area may collect personally identifiable information that you provide, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Organization or Community
- Job Title
- Geolocation or zip code
If you donate to Drawdown Bay Area, we will collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to acknowledge your contribution, complete the transaction, and for annual non-profit tax filing.
Drawdown Bay Area may also collect anonymous demographic information, such as information from voluntary surveys and Google analytics, which is not unique to you, such as your:
- Family status
- Housing and/or workplace type
- Modes of Transportation
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) sending us an email message; (b) submitting your credit card or other payment information when making a donation; (c) subscribing to DRAWDOWN Bay Area communication. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Drawdown Bay Area collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Drawdown Bay Area does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Drawdown Bay Area may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Drawdown Bay Area or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Drawdown Bay Area; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Drawdown Bay Area, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
We use Google analytics to understand how this site is used, but we protect the privacy of everyone who visits.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Drawdown Bay Area. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used to improve our website, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Drawdown Bay Area website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Drawdown Bay Area secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Drawdown Bay Area uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Drawdown Bay Area does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of Drawdown Bay Area by contacting us here:
- Email: email@example.com
From time to time, Drawdown Bay Area may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Drawdown Bay Area or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Drawdown Bay Area, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button in every email.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Drawdown Bay Area welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Drawdown Bay Area has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Drawdown Bay Area at:
Email Address: info@DrawdownBayArea.org
Drawdown Bay Area
P.O. Box 7042
Corte Madera, California 94976
Effective July 06, 2021
• Imagine The Future - Introduction
- Start Here: What You Can Do Right Now
Energy & Buildings, Transportation,
Food & Food Waste
• Imagine What Else You Can Do Right Now
Climate Action Now App
Drive Clean Bay Area
The Climate Center
• Imagine What's Possible By 2030
"What's Possible", short film
• Why Does It Matter?
Where it Matters Most:
• Energy & Buildings
• Food & Waste
• Action Spotlight
• Essential Viewing
• Essential Reading
The Science Behind the Solutions
Climate 101: six short videos
- My Climate Action Plan
- The Solutions Game
News You Can Use
About Drawdown Bay Area
• Mission & Vision
• About Our Logo
• We want to hear from you: Contact Us!
• The Backstory
• Our Partnerships Matter
What's Happening Where You Are
What's happening where you are:
- Contra Costa
- Santa Clara
- San Francisco
- San Mateo
What's Happening Around the Bay?
- Regional organizations, agencies, and businesses